This buttery coffee spread will taste good on almost anything
By Sierra Meisser — / Death Wish Coffee Blog
Coffee is continuing to find its way into every food we love to eat. No, seriously – add coffee to just about any food and it will probably taste better than before. You can now bake with coffee flour, take a shot of coffee vodka, grab a scoop of coffee ice cream, and now --- spread coffee butter on your toast. The best part? Coffee butter is super easy to make at home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fine espresso-ground coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Cook cream, sugar, oil, espresso grounds, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until just simmering and solids are dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl and chill until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Beat the butter with a standing mixer or food processor to combine. While continuing to beat the butter, drizzle in cooled mixture. Beat until combined and smooth.
- Use a resealable container and allow for butter to chill for 3 hours. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.