How To Make Coffee Creamer For Those Who Can't Live Without It
By Kristen Underwood — / Death Wish Coffee Blog
You know what one of the worst feelings is aside from running out of coffee? Running out of the one thing that makes your coffee special to you. Creamer. If you’re not a true fan of the dark side and like to add a little somethin’ somethin’ to your cup, having the coffee ready just won’t be enough for you until you find that touch of sweetness. But I’m about to let you in on a little secret, so take notes.
Make it from scratch.
Forget the extra trip to the store. You haven’t had your coffee yet, so what’s going to get you motivated to get dressed much less get to the store? You’ve only got one choice, and that’s to make it yourself. There is much to be desired about a homemade creamer. First of all, it’s less expensive and let’s not forget the ingredients. Instead of adding something to your coffee that may have been cross-contaminated through mass distribution before it ended up in your mug, you will know every ingredient going into your system. There’s a win! Now let’s take a look at how.
Keep in mind, you can make any flavor you’d like and it will always start off with the same basic ingredients.
- One can of sweetened condensed milk (or condensed coconut milk)
- 1 ¾ cup of milk or cream (whole, low-fat, skim, almond, soy, heavy cream, half & half, etc.) Whichever you prefer, however, the more fat, the creamier it will be.
Shake it like a salt shaker, and you’re all set.
If you’re looking for a specific flavor, here are a couple other ways to try. Start with the same recipe and add the following.
French Vanilla Creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract OR vanilla coffee syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut extract
Easy- sweetened bliss.
Watch this video: